Updated: Jun 14
I may be a bit biased, but...I believe this is The best brownie recipe, ever! The brownies come out with crispy edges, fudgy middles, and such a rich chocolate flavour. These decadent treats do not last more than a day in our house! You may be thinking, why bother when the boxed ones taste just as great- but do they? Give this recipe a try, you may never go back to the boxed brownies again!
*The chocolate chips do make a difference, a big one! I read about Ghiradelli’s 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips, and I must say that these made the brownies that much better!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
2. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and salt, in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, water, and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle the dry mix over the wet mix and stir until combined.
5. Pour the thick batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. It’s better to under-bake than to over-bake. Cool completely before slicing (sometimes I’m too eager to do this and the piece just fall apart!)
6. Bon appétit!