This Watermelon salad is like summer in a bowl! When you think of watermelon salad, you think of feta cheese, but I’m here to tell you that Brie cheese works amazingly well! I was craving a nice refreshing salad, and had to use the limited ingredients on hand. I decided to combine my watermelon with random ingredients that I thought could work, and the results were outstanding! Since I am always pickling red onions, I decided why not add some in for some extra flavour! The result: a fresh and colourful salad that I loved so much I had to share!
INGREDIENTS for the Honey Vinaigrette - 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- a few pickled red onions (see my recipe here: https://www.eatingwithhouri.com/post/pickled-onions )
INGREDIENTS for the Watermelon Salad - 1/2 watermelon, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 English cucumber, cubed (it yields about 2 cups of cubed cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup of crumbled/cut up into small pieces of Brie cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the watermelon, cucumbers and pickled onions.
Top the watermelon salad with the honey vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Top with Brie cheese and voilà!