Updated: Mar 1, 2021
Is there ever a bad time for a sandwich? Especially when it’s as delicious as this- you’ll honestly want it for lunch, dinner, and even for breakfast! The chicken is wonderfully tender and crispy and topped with marinara and mozzarella for a really tasty bite! Each bite is better than the last!
INGREDIENTS for cooking chicken - 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
INGREDIENTS for assembling chicken hoagie
- cooked chicken thighs
- marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- hoagie rolls/buns of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Season boneless skinless chicken thighs with salt & pepper.
3. Lightly coat the chicken with mayonnaise and then coat with Italian bread crumbs.
4. Preheat a pan on medium heat setting and add oil once hot.
5. Fry chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden/brown colour.
6. Place chicken onto a foil lined baking sheet, in a single layer. Roast for 12-14 minutes, turning once after 6 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken is at 165°F.
7. Assemble your chicken hoagie: use the buns of your choice, place chicken in the bun, top with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.
8. Bon appétit!