Updated: Jan 8, 2021
If you’re like me, and like a delicious light and fluffy dessert, you will love these banana chocolate soufflés! They are light and yet somehow rich. They are made using mostly egg whites and no flour, which is awesome if you are on a gluten free or low carb diet. I used to be intimidated by soufflés but this recipe changed all that. Please be mindful that these should be eaten right away or they typically fall after about 10 minutes so if you are serving these to guests, plan to eat them right out of the oven. INGREDIENTS:
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
3 tablespoons of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Coat four 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet.
3. In a bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together.
4. Add cornstarch and cocoa powder to the bananas and mix well.
5. In another bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks.
6. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into the banana mixture.
7. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
8. Spoon the soufflé mixture into the prepared ramekins and tap them lightly on a countertop. Transfer the soufflés to a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and risen. Serve immediately.
9. Bon appétit!